Blood Orange Gin Sour
|3 oz Artisanal Dry Gin
.25 cup Fresh Squeezed Blood Orange Juice (1 large blood orange)
2 tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice (.5 lemon)
2 tbsp Rosemary Simple Syrup*
2 tbsp Aquafaba
|.5 Blood Orange, sliced for garnish
3 Rosemary Sprigs (2 for garnish)
.25 cup Maple Syrup
.25 cup Water
This recipe uses our Artisanal Dry Gin fresh blood orange and rosemary to put a fresh spin on a classic cocktail, with aquafaba making it vegan friendly.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and combine the maple syrup, water, and rosemary sprig.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer for 5 minutes and then turn off heat and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once the simple syrup is cooled, get your shaker cup and add the gin, blood orange juice, lemon juice, simple syrup, and aquafaba and dry shake for 15 seconds.
- Add ice into the shaker cup and shake for two minutes to get the aquafaba nice and foamy.
- Add ice to two rocks glasses and strain drink into glasses.
- Garnish with slices of blood orange and a sprig of rosemary and drink up!
- You will have leftover simple syrup which you can store in a jar in the fridge for up to a month.
- A good habit to get into is to save the aquafaba whenever you open you open a can of chickpeas and pop it into the freezer so you always have it on hand (it will last 3-4 months like this). When you want to use it, defrost it overnight it the fridge and it will be ready to go!